decrypt stdin with passphrase in command line

John Sheridan excalibr@wowmail.com
Mon Jun 23 11:36:02 2003

Hi Joseph, can you show me the syntax of doing this? I tried this before:

cat file.gpg | gpg --homedir $gnupg_home --passphrase-fd 0 --no-tty --decrypt 2>&- <<EOF
mypassphrase
EOF

But it probably means cat file.gpg and mypassphrase are sharing stdin, that's why it doesn't work. I don't know how to make this go in via another file descriptor.

Thanks again, Excalibur

The --passphrase-fd lets you specify any file descriptor as the source of the passphrase. "0" is stdin. You can send the passphrase through other file descriptors if you need to use stdin for your data.

On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 00:40AM, John Sheridan <excalibr@wowmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Does anyone know how to decrypt stdin with passphrase in command line?
>
>The problem is most solutions on the net assumes the information to decrypt is in a file. I would like to decrypt data from stdin as well as supplying a passphrase (which is also via stdin using --passphrase-fd 0)
>
>Many thanks, Excalibur

Free email, web pages, news, entertainment, weather and MORE!
Check out -------------------------------> http://wowmail.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com, No Ads, 6MB, IMAP, POP, SMTP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag