one key or multiple keys

Ben Finney bignose@zip.com.au
Tue Jun 24 03:24:02 2003

--S1BNGpv0yoYahz37

On 23-Jun-2003, Marcin Gil wrote:
> Next matter:
> - use the same key for email and jabber account
> - or gen special key just for use with jabber account.

Same answer.  If you use these different identities indiscriminately --
i.e. you aren't using the jabber account exclusively for some special
role, like work or an official function -- then they are just different
IDs for the same person, and a single key seems best.

(Good luck trying to explain that the jabber ID isn't an email address;
it was a damned stupid idea making the jabber ID look like an email
address, in my book.  Namespace collision only leads to pain.)

--=20
 \     "To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to |
  `\                unlearn old falsehoods."  -- Robert Anson Heinlein |
bignose@zip.com.au  F'print 9CFE12B0 791A4267 887F520C B7AC2E51 BD41714B

--S1BNGpv0yoYahz37

--S1BNGpv0yoYahz37--