Robots in the WoT (clean version)

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Sun Jun 29 17:39:07 2003

--Boundary-02=_57o++F8zGm7BCYm

On Thursday 26 June 2003 02:59, F. Rodriguez wrote:
> >I don't mind seeing keys signed by the robot(s), I just don't like them
> >showing up in WoT tracings.
>
> Perhaps all we need is an option to exclude designed robot CAs from
> pathfinder tracings ? A check box at biglumber.com or and/or a parameter
> for this at kjsl / wotsap ?

I guess this should be generalized:
 - a list of keys to ignore in the pathfinder (perhaps with an easy way to=
=20
include often-ignored keys)
 - an option to have it not stop at the first path, but to output all paths=
 up=20
to length n+x, where x is user defined and n is the length of the shortest=
=20
path between the keys.

I think the second one would be especially good, since if you get more path=
s,=20
you can get a better estimate whether to trust that key, and also the=20
likelyhood increases that you actually find a path where you already trust=
=20
all the people.

cheers
=2D- vbi