Import of trustpaths

C. Hackenschmidt stoffita@web.de
Mon Jun 30 11:38:03 2003

Eugene S. wrote:

> The "Metaintroducer" signature that you made using PGP is not
> exportable. IOW, when you import it into GPG, there is no
> siganture from User1/2/3/etc. to RootCA in the file to import
> into GPG. Even if you imported it into User4 under PGP there
> would be no sig.
>
> After importing it into GPG you need to sign RootCA using
> "--lsign-key" which signs a key locally, IOW non-exportable.

Yeah, I know about that having to sign the root but once I signed it the
whole trustpath should work, right? But if sign and trust the RootCA the
UserCA/SubCA becomes valid but not the users itself, same if I sign the
SubCA then all users become valid. But I want this done in one step.

David S. wrote:

> Did you run 'gpg --update-trustdb' after you signed the
> RootCA key? GnuPG does this automatically by default, but
> some people have the automatic update turned off.

And if I do that I still have to go through all the keys manually.

Actually what I want is all this done by just signing the Root CA key
and nothing else.

Anyone could test this with the demo .asc-file I sent in my first mail?

Thx
Chris