disclaimer

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Mon Jun 30 19:18:02 2003

As much as I would like to, the disclaimer must have the "blessing" of the
corporate legal council.  Since the company is part of the health care
industry there are certain state/federal requirements that must be met.

I suspect that one of these days, our great leaders (tongue firmly planted
deep in cheek) will pass a law forbidding disclaimers unless they are
required by law.

This morning I also pointed out that since we have already moved and it is
past the 20th of June that it makes no sense to inform folks we are going to
move.  Now, if they want to change it to read that "we have moved" that
might make some weird sort of sense (not to confused with dollars).

So, thanks for the thoughts, but ....   Guess I'd better open the other eye
and check on the 17 databases the company pays me to keep in some semblance
of availability.

--Steve Butler
Oracle Administrator
First Choice Health Network

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Bruni [mailto:jbruni@mac.com]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 10:09 AM
To: Steve Butler
Cc: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: RE: disclaimer

When we had people attaching "disclaimers" to their emails, I started using
this one. I lifted it from a Register article on disclaimers. Afterwards,
the use of disclaimers dropped precipitously. Perhaps you could recommend
this one instead.

"IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem,
no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the
intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email
is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an
irritating social faux pas.

"Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context
somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or no
grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the
transmission of this email, although the kelpie next door is living on
borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of
the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message
revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice
from Microsoft.

"However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your
computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have
received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites, whisk
and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes."

Cheers,
Joe

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.