GnuPG 1.2.1 trustdb checks for every pubkey import?

Ingo Klöcker ingo.kloecker@epost.de
Sat Mar 1 19:12:01 2003

--Boundary-02=_AONY+1saNcqcj01

On Thursday 27 February 2003 09:21, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:11:21 -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter said:
> > Every time a key is added to my public keyring, GnuPG forces a
> > trustdb check. Has anyone else experienced this at least absurd and
> > arguably broken behavior?
>
> No, that is not broken but indeed required.  By importing a new key
> you may change the WoT, GnuPG must check this.  This is a simple and
> straightforward strategy.

But it could be improved a lot. In most cases it's unnecessary to=20
recalculate the complete local WoT just because of one new key. Of=20
course, an algorithm which only recalculates what is necessary is much=20
more complex then the current straightforward algorithm.

Regards,
Ingo