Key-signing problems.

Ingo Klöcker ingo.kloecker@epost.de
Sun Mar 9 12:09:01 2003

--Boundary-02=_Sjxa+eU/QV0TuGm

On Sunday 09 March 2003 10:32, Brenno J.S.A.A.F. de Winter wrote:
> | You have to tell KMail which key you want to use for signing. It
> | doesn't use the default key.
>
> I did and it decrypts just fine. However encrypting doesn't work,
> neither does signing the keys (needed to be able to crypt with
> KMail). Amazingly Enigmail voor Mozilla/Netscape seems to be more
> lenient and let me crypt towards others.

Obviously Enigmail allows encryption with untrusted (aka invalid) keys=20
while KMail doesn't allow this.

Just a wild guess: Maybe signing keys doesn't work because gpg tries to=20
use your expired key for signing?

BTW, you could have simply extended the expiration date of your old key=20
instead of creating a new one. Especially if you already had some=20
signatures on your old key you should have done this (unless you=20
consider your expired key as too insecure).

Regards,
Ingo

--Boundary-02=_Sjxa+eU/QV0TuGm

--Boundary-02=_Sjxa+eU/QV0TuGm--