I have no idea about "IDEA."

none none throw_away_2002@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 20:29:02 2003

Gnupg 1.0.7 (and 1.2.1) on RH 8.0.

I do not have the IDEA plug in installed.

I encrypt a message to myself (specifying AES).

When I try to decrypt it, I get the following:

gpg: protection algorithm 1 (IDEA) is not supported
gpg: the IDEA cipher plugin is not present
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/why-not-idea.html for more
information
gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit RSA key, ID XXXXXXXX, created yyyy-mm-dd
      "user information"
gpg: public key decryption failed: unknown cipher algorithm
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

Why does it think I encrypted the message with IDEA, when I
don't have IDEA capability installed.

Also, whenever I type in a user when attempting to encrypt a
message, I get:

gpg: checking the trustdb

and it runs for thirty-five minutes (at one-hundred percent
CPU) before allowing me to continue.

Thank you for your help.