I have no idea about "IDEA."

Joseph Bruni brunij@earthlink.net
Tue Mar 18 02:07:01 2003

I ran into this when importing my keys from PGP. I had originally
created my keys in 1997, and apparently the IDEA algorithm was in vogue
those days. Somewhere along the line the default algo changed, and had
I ever changed my passphrase during the next five years, the algo would
have been automatically changed for me. Because of this, I had assumed
that PGP and GPG were not interoperable. Silly me...