I have no idea about "IDEA."

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 24 18:35:01 2003

Elf Spice wrote:

>being long on the market is meaningless. I'd rather use an open source
>and recent crypto, like blowfish or twofish, just on the basis that the
>developers are ethical and committed to real security.

Well, I rather use an algorithm some people claim commercial rights on
that is secure than a free one that shows some weaknesses. Of course I
prefer open source too, but that is something different: if the IDEA
algo was closed source and noone knew how it worked I'd never use it.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html