OT

BConley@checkfree.com BConley@checkfree.com
Mon Mar 31 19:27:02 2003

Let's not forget, GnuPG is used commercially as well as privately.  I work
for a company that does business with a large number of other large
companies and we recently began recommending GnuPG as an alternative to
commercial PGP products.  In our eyes as well as theirs,  GnuPG is very
much a product, just as PGP is a  product, and I find it distasteful at
best to direct clients of ours to gnupg.org to be confronted with an
anti-war political statement.  These clients are people, some of whom may
have loved ones involved in the conflict in Iraq, and because we referred
them to the site, it is a direct reflection on us.  We should not have to
provide a disclaimer to our clients that they may be exposed to political
statements that may be offensive to them.  Like it or not, the commercial
use of this product does place a burden of professionalism on the
developers of gnupg.  Frankly, if I had known that this type of
politicization would come with GnuPG, I never would have implemented it in
our organization.

                      Burns
                      <burns@runbox.com        To:       gnupg-users@gnupg.org
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: OT
                      gnupg-users-admin
                      @gnupg.org

                      03/30/2003 03:22
                      PM