Invalid subkey binding

Dennis Lambe Jr. malsyned@cif.rochester.edu
Sat May 3 22:07:04 2003

--=-tQ2awQ46HIAzQuXbuGM0

I uploaded my public key to two of the keyservers that David Shaw said
would be able to handle my subkeys, keyserver.kjsl.com and
hkp://keyserver.bu.edu.  A friend then signed my key and sent the
changes to keyserver.bu.edu, from which I refreshed my key.  Later, I
refreshed it again and gpg now reports:

~$ gpg --refresh lambe
gpg: refreshing 1 key from keyserver.kjsl.com
gpg: key F53BA904: invalid subkey binding
gpg: key F53BA904: "Dennis Patrick Lambe Jr." not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:              unchanged: 1

I've compared the --list-packets output of the key on the keyservers to
that of a known-good copy of my key, and apart from the order that the
UIDs are listed, and the order that signatures are listed on the UIDs,
the outputs are identical.  So as far as I can tell, what I am able to
retrieve from the servers is a working, complete coy of my public key.=20
There must be something else going on, though, for GPG to complain about
an invalid subkey binding.  Can anyone offer something by way of
explanation, or, maybe just maybe, a way to fix the problem?

Thanks,
--Dennis Lambe Jr.

--=-tQ2awQ46HIAzQuXbuGM0

--=-tQ2awQ46HIAzQuXbuGM0--