Keys not trusted

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Sat May 10 10:27:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_HgLv+0DszvYF2vN

On Friday 09 May 2003 19:24, darren chamberlain wrote:
> * Graham <graham.todd at ntlworld.com> [2003-05-09 13:17]:

[keyring maintenance]

> How do you know which keys you don't need?  Do you simply eyeball the
> userids and delete the ones you don't recognize, or is there a more
> efficient way?  I currently have over 300 public keys on my keyring (I
> also have the auto-retrieve option set), and I'm very sure I don't need
> most of those, but how can I tell which ones I actually need?

Yo!

300 keys sounds about right :-)

I have a little script that just presents me with 5 random keys. I then del=
ete=20
those where I don't recognize the name (either from mailing lists, or=20
privately) - I do this more or less weekly (sometimes less). It's far from=
=20
perfect, but I don't want to go through the whole keyring. Of course I=20
occasionally delete a key that is then downloaded again when I read mail, b=
ut=20
as those aren't people I know, I don't think this is a problem.=20

cheers
=2D- vbi

=2D-=20
featured link: http://fortytwo.ch/smtp