[Q] Uploading my public key to a key server.

Daniel Carrera dcarrera@math.umd.edu
Sun May 11 05:06:01 2003

--kvUQC+jR9YzypDnK

> > Alright, I have a brand-new 2048-bit ElGamal key and I want to
> > upload it to a keyserver.  How do I do that?
>=20
> gpg --keyserver some.key.server --send some-keyid
>=20
> for instance, I did this: gpg --keyserver the.earth.li --send
> 57037472

Who assigns the keyid?  Is that derived from my public key?
If so, who do I find out what my keyid is?
For that matter, how do I find out what my public key is so I can post it
somewhere?

> Indirectly it does.  When you sign a message, the keyid of the
> signing key is included in the signature.=20

Could you show me where?  Here is your signature.  I can't discern where th=
e keyid=20
is (yes, I know you also had your keyid elsewhere in your email, but not ev=
eryone=20
does that).

Thanks again,
--=20
Daniel Carrera
Graduate Teaching Assistant.  Math Dept.
University of Maryland.  (301) 405-5137

--kvUQC+jR9YzypDnK

--kvUQC+jR9YzypDnK--