[Q] Sending a key to a keyserver

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Wed May 14 03:19:02 2003

--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 01:36:20AM +0200, Michael Nahrath wrote:
> David Shaw wrote:
>=20
> >>OTOH all GPG applications default to the HKP network and GPG can't even
> >>fully access the LDAP keyservers.
>=20
> > Says who? ;)
> >=20
> > gpg --keyserver ldap://keyserver.pgp.com --recv-keys 99242560
>=20
> [michi@localhost]~$ gpg --keyserver ldap://keyserver.pgp.com --send-keys
> 99242560
> gpgkeys: error adding key 99242560 to keyserver: Already exists
> gpg: keyserver internal error
>=20
> Currently I don't have a key to change, but next time I have to signe a k=
ey
> I'll try to check if tis is simply an errouros error-message.

Not erroneous - that is an actual error.  You tried to add 99242560 to
the keyserver, and it's already there.  It's not what I'd call a
terribly *serious* error... ;)

> >>How do you feel:
> >>* Do they intend to make communicaton harder for GPG users intentionall=
y?
> >>* May there be valid technical reasons to not want the syncronisation?
> >>* Do they underestimate the value of a well working keyserver network?
> >>* Don't the right people within PGP.com know about the problem?
>=20
> > I don't think the pgp.com folks are intentionally causing problems
> > with the rest of the world.  It's far more likely they are just very
> > busy starting a new company and the keyserver is not a very high
> > priority.
>=20
> Should we try to intervene to make them rewrap priorities?
>=20
> Gives me plenty of trouble, since I made a friend change from PGP to GPG =
and
>  now he can't find his other PGP using friends any more ...

Tell your friend to put "keyserver ldap://keyserver.pgp.com" in his
gpg.conf file and he's done.

David

--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF

--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF--