[ERROR] gpg: waiting for lock

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed May 14 20:40:02 2003

On Tue, 13 May 2003 17:19:32 -0400, Daniel Carrera said:

> Alright.  I now know that this error is because GnuPG creates the file
> ~/.gnupg/secring.gpg.lock and should remove it when its done.  For some
> reason it hasn't done that a few times.  Is this something I should worry
> about?  Is it safe to just delete this file and move on?

There is probably a reason that the file has not been removed.  It is
not easy to tell why; strace-ing it might yield an answer.  It is safe
to remove these files as long as no other gpg processes are active.

--
  Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of
  mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of