[Q] Multiple signing keys

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed May 14 20:45:03 2003

On 13 May 2003 22:42:32 -0400, Dennis Lambe said:

> As far as I can tell, your primary key is the only one which can be used
> to sign other keys, but I'd like to hear from some more knowledgable
> people on that point.

Correct.  The primary key is used to bound the user IDs as well as
secondary keys to the primary key.  So it is _kind of_ a master key.

> OpenPGP specifies that a key signature should be made by combining the
> public key and the ID (with concatination, I think), hashing that, and

Correct.  There is some canonicalization, though.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
  Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of
  mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of