[OT?] No more financial support for GnuPG

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu May 15 14:35:02 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003 14:15:19 -0700 (PDT), Burns  said:

> Does GnuPG have a donations page? If it does, I haven't noticed it.
> Some examples of what I mean:

No, there is no legal entity to collect donations specific for GnuPG.
However the FSF and the FSF Europe do have donation programs:

  http://fsfeurope.org/help/donate.en.html

  http://fsf.org

However, these donations are in general not used for any specific
software.  They are important anyway because these organisations help
to foster the knowledge about Free Software.

My own company provides a way to donate to GnuPG development at
https://order.kagi.com/?P3G but we can't guarantee that all active
developers get their share.  Currently we employ Marcus Brinkmann
working on GPGME, Moritz Schulte working on Libgcrypt and me.

There are plans to sell email aliases under gnupg.net as well as
simple key certifications.  However I have not yet figured out the
deatils and don't know whether there would be enough interest to
actually lauch this.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
  Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of
  mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of