Opportunistic Encryption [Was: Keys not trusted]

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Fri May 16 04:02:02 2003

Neil Williams wrote:

>But then it's no longer anonymous. The key can be assigned to a particular
>user or more likely from your scenario, from a particular email account
>which we ASSUME is in use by one person.

Communication need not go through ordinary email adresses. There are
things like anonymous servers and newsgroups.

I remember that the guy(s?) who broke some MS DRM scheme posted sample
code and explainations signed with a PGP key under the pseudonym "Beale
Screamer". If you wanted to communicate with him you could post an
encrypted message in sci.crypt.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html