Unable to retrieve keys automatically

Xavier Nodet xavier.nodet@free.fr
Fri May 16 10:38:03 2003

--=_HDAn.1IbKCwVVhyys9zNJvzLRQficZ
content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

Hi,

I have some problem retrieving keys from servers. My mailer =
uses the
following kind of command when it determines that I do not have=
 a given key in
my keyring, and it always fails with the same error messages:

C:\tmp>gpg.exe -v --keyserver http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371=20
  --recv-keys 2696462A4980C4F7
gpg: system error while calling external program: No such file =
or directory
gpg: WARNING: unable to remove tempfile (out)=20
  `C:\DOCUME~1\nodet\LOCALS~1\Temp\gpg-B2227C\tempout.txt':=20
  No such file or directory
gpg: no handler for keyserver scheme "http"

I'm using Windows XP SP1. The command also fails when I try it =
directly
on the command line. The `C:\DOCUME~1\nodet\LOCALS~1\Temp' =
directory
exists, and I have full rights on it. The directory
`C:\DOCUME~1\nodet\LOCALS~1\Temp\gpg-B2227C' does not exist =
after GPG
exited (and I do not know if it ever existed). The message comes
whatever the value of GNUPGHOME, and even if I empty my =
gpg.conf file.

Which program does GPG try to launch? Would it be possible that=
 its
name is displayed with the error message?

Thanks for your help.

--=20
Xavier Nodet
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little =
temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin =
Franklin, 1759.