Cracking AES

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri May 16 11:10:02 2003

On Thu, 15 May 2003 16:47:32 -0400, David Shaw said:

>> echo GUESS1|gpg.exe -q --passphrase-fd 0 --output text.out --decrypt
>> text.pgp
>> echo GUESS2|gpg.exe -q --passphrase-fd 0 --output text.out --decrypt
>> text.pgp

BTW, I did some benchmarks to see how long the actual code runs
without initial overhead: On a 1.7 Ghz Celereon I got 3.8ms for the
S2K part (converting the passphrase to a key) and 0.02ms for the
decryption.  This would allow for about 260 tests per seond.  If on
the other side the old PGP2 method (S2K mode 0) was used for the
encryption, the S2K part takes only 0.03ms and thus allows for 20000
tests per second.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
  Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of
  mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of