Trouble signing (was: Trouble exporting keys)

Manuel Samper manuel@samper.dyndns.org
Fri May 16 16:08:03 2003

David Shaw, on Fri, May 16 2003 at 05:18, wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 01:16:57AM +0200, Manuel Samper wrote:
>
> > > gpg --verify lug.sql.sig
> > > gpg: Signature made Thu 15 May 2003 22:49:03 BST using DSA key ID F3C504D8
> > > gpg: Good signature from "Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk>"
> > > gpg:                 aka "[image of size 4569]"
> >                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > This looks ugly.
> >
> > Feature request: it's so hard to allow a name being attched to these
> > photoids? Or it's required this way by the standard?
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean here.  That user attribute contains
> an image, so it says so.  Do you mean a name in addition to the image,
> rather like the HTML "alt" tag, so nongraphical displays can still
> give a text line?

Yes, something like:

$ gpg --list-key samper
pub  4096R/FFFD5DA0 2003-05-13 Manuel Samper
uid                            Manuel Samper <manuel@samper.dyndns.org>
uid                            Manuel Samper [jpeg image of size 1234]

That is, at the time of attaching a photo id (had never done it, not
sure what gpg ask) being asked for a real name like normal uids.

But I don't known if this is a fool pretension or what problems may
arise to implement it. Or perhaps change only the gpg output when
verifying signatures (this may be accomplished also by the MUA).

But anything else is better than "also know as [image of size X]" :)

--
Manuel Samper                                   OpenPGP Key ID: FFFD5DA0