User attributes and audio IDs (was: Trouble signing)

Daniel Carrera dcarrera@math.umd.edu
Sat May 17 04:37:02 2003

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

> Then again, it could be argued that photo ID is just a cool trick also. =
=20
> Since you can't actually select a key via a photo ID, it isn't really a=
=20
> good user ID.

I thought that the photo IDs helped to verify the authencity of the person=
=20
(assuming that you have another means of knowing what they look like).  Or=
=20
perhaps you could post something else about you, like a JPEG of your=20
(real, not digital) fingerprints.

Then again, I guess that what ever you put on the JPEG becomes public=20
data and anyone can copy those and put them on a fake signature.  So, on a=
=20
second thought, the photo ID doesn't seem to have much security use.

--=20
Daniel Carrera         | OpenPGP fingerprint:
Graduate TA, Math Dept | 9B32 660B 0557 7D7D 5892 0036 D591 4D05 2938 1B7E
UMD  (301) 405-5137    | http://www.math.umd.edu/~dcarrera/pgp.html

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE--