Problem with tar ball

Joseph Bruni jbruni@mac.com
Fri May 23 20:41:02 2003

------=_Part_24_3821786.1053715338692

It sounds more like your download program blew up the tarball. If you type "file <filename>" unix can tell you what kind of file it thinks it is. It should say something like "gzip compressed data" with maybe more info after that depending on which version of the "file" command your system has.

--
PGP Fingerprint:
886F 6A8A 68A1 5E90 EF3F  8EFA E2B8 3F99 7343 C1E3

<DIV>Hi everyone,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have downloaded gnupg-1.2.2.tar.gz from&nbsp;your site.&nbsp;I use the HowTo document as my reference and&nbsp;in doing this procedure. However, when I did:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV># tar xvzf gnu-1.2.2.tar.gz</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I got&nbsp;an Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers and invalid compressed data--crc error as well as invalid compressed data--length error which eventually exited from the process.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Does this mean that the tar that I have downloaded is corrupted or is there something that I should have done before issuing the tar command? Or should I just download the&nbsp;gnupg-1.2.2-1mdk91.i586.rpm instead and run the rpm command?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I use RH 9 with minimum installation. Hope to hear from anyone soon. Thanks in advance.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Best regards,</DIV>
<DIV>Servie</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>