Problem with tar ball

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Fri May 23 23:17:02 2003

Servie Platon wrote:

Please keep your line length <= 78 chars.

> I got an Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers and invalid
> compressed data--crc error as well as invalid compressed data--length
> error which eventually exited from the process.

Probably your download client (a webwser?) already decompressed it. Try
"file gnupg-1.2.2.tar.gz" and see what it says. If it says "POSIX tar
archive" it's only a tar file, if it says something like "gzip compressed
data...", than the compression is still OK.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html