To share or not share, that is the question.

Dick Gevers dvgevers@xs4all.nl
Sun May 25 17:47:02 2003

--=.Q7tn9HG6dC3.pz

Hi all,

A few days ago I suggested to take one`s windows files (e.g. secring; same
applies also to pubring & trustdb) to linux or vice versa via a fat(32)
partition at reboot time.

For good order`s sake, I should like to add that, if asked, I would advise
against putting such files in a shared directory on any box, particularly
if this box is accessible via LAN, WAN, VPN or Internet.

One might even consider wiping the fat partition in case caution
is required or to do such carriage via trustworthy removable
media: this depends upon one`s security needs and sense of `paranoia`.

Thank you and regards,
=Dick Gevers=

--=.Q7tn9HG6dC3.pz

--=.Q7tn9HG6dC3.pz--