MDC confusion

René Clerc rene@clerc.nl
Mon May 26 13:03:03 2003

--a7XSrSxqzVsaECgU

* Stewart V. Wright <svwright+list@amtp.liv.ac.uk> [26-05-2003 12:26]:

> Hi,
>=20
> I am having some confusion with modification detection code (MDC).
>=20
> I'm using the 1.2.3-cvs version (from the 7th of May) of GnuPG.
>=20
> I just changed my gpg.conf file and changed from
>   no-force-v3-sigs
> to=20
>   openpgp
>=20
> Which should make my signatures/encryptions entirely OpenPGP
> compatible.
>=20
> Unfortunately when I decrypt anything I get the following warning:
>   gpg: WARNING: message was not integrity protected
>=20
> I don't get the warning when I go back to no-force-v3-sigs.

Does adding "force-mdc" to your gpg.conf help?

--=20
Ren=E9 Clerc                      - (rene@clerc.nl)

87. My vats of hazardous chemicals will be covered when not in use.
    Also, I will not construct walkways above them.

-"Peter Anspach's list of things to do as an Evil Overlord"

--a7XSrSxqzVsaECgU

--a7XSrSxqzVsaECgU--