[Q] "sign" vs "sign-locally"

Joseph Bruni jbruni@mac.com
Thu May 29 02:04:02 2003

When you sign a key, you vouch for its authenticity. Your signature, being ultimately trusted, bestows validity to the key. Your signature is exported whenever you export this public key and pass it on to someone else. When you locally sign the key, your signature is not exported, but the key is still considered valid as far as you are concerned.

--
PGP Fingerprint:
886F 6A8A 68A1 5E90 EF3F  8EFA E2B8 3F99 7343 C1E3