Gen keypair

Jeff Lynn jmlynn at rogers.com
Mon Nov 10 16:21:41 CET 2003

Help,

I am new to GnuPG, so I downloaded the latest binary for Windows and ran the
following:

D:\>gpg --gen-key
gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.3; Copyright (C) 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Please select what kind of key you want:
   (1) DSA and ElGamal (default)
   (2) DSA (sign only)
   (5) RSA (sign only)
Your selection?
DSA keypair will have 1024 bits.
About to generate a new ELG-E keypair.
              minimum keysize is  768 bits
              default keysize is 1024 bits
    highest suggested keysize is 2048 bits
What keysize do you want? (1024)
Requested keysize is 1024 bits
Please specify how long the key should be valid.
         0 = key does not expire
      <n>  = key expires in n days
      <n>w = key expires in n weeks
      <n>m = key expires in n months
      <n>y = key expires in n years
Key is valid for? (0)
Key does not expire at all
Is this correct (y/n)? y

You need a User-ID to identify your key; the software constructs the user id
from Real Name, Comment and Email Address in this form:
    "Heinrich Heine (Der Dichter) <heinrichh at duesseldorf.de>"

Real name: Johne Doe
Email address: jdoe at rogers.com
Comment: TestId For John Doe
You selected this USER-ID:
    "Johne Doe (TestId For John Doe) <jdoe at rogers.com>"

Change (N)ame, (C)omment, (E)mail or (O)kay/(Q)uit?

I cannot get out of the change prompt to complete the key generation.  What
am I missing?

Thanks!

JML