Questions about subkeys acrobatics (from Adrian von Bidder article)

Boix Ricart Marc mricart at montrouge.sema.slb.com
Thu Nov 13 14:08:05 CET 2003

Hi all,

I've read an article wrote by Adrian von Bidder
(from  http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/subkeys/ )
I don't understand a concrete idea concerning encryption subkeys.

Adrian wrote:
[...]
Problems[...]
First, distributing secret subkeys this way (one subkey for each
account/machine you use) only makes sense with signing subkeys. You can
have multiple encryption subkeys, but you can't force people sending you
encrypted mail using a specific subkey. Naturally, if you're using
encryption for yourself, you can chose the encryption key to use with the
"keyid!" syntax. The presence of multiple encryption subkeys is, however,
useful if you revoke an older one to replace it with a new one.
[...]

If I've understood the manoeuvre, you encrypt and sign from an insecure
machine (signing with a subkey available only in this machine)  and the
receptor can decrypt your signature (with the subkey pair available in your
public key file).

So, why not encrypt with all encryption subkeys (signed with the primary
key) available in the public key?? (like encrypt a message addressed to
several GPG users, each with a personal public key)
Is GPG not implemented to encrypt a message with all the subkeys for
encryption available in an imported public key??
Is not interesting to have this feature?? why??

Thanks for you feed-back,
Marc