gpg 1.3.4 doesn't warn that it is an experimental version

Charly Avital shavital at netbox.com
Sun Nov 30 17:46:24 CET 2003

With
% gpg --version
I get the same results (with the addition of BZIP2 in Compression:).
I have not made any change to the code, except copying idea.c into cipher.

But if you use any other cli, e.g.
gpg  [or]
gpg --list-keys

You get, first of all:
gpg: NOTE: THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT VERSION!
gpg: It is only intended for test purposes and should NOT be
gpg: used in a production environment or with production keys!

I can't say wether this is deliberate or an oversight. The Announce e-mail is quite explicit about this version being a development release.

Charly
Mac OS 10.3.1, gpg 1.3.4