newbie question about identities

Atom 'Smasher' atom-gpg@suspicious.org
Fri Oct 3 11:45:01 CEST 2003

>> if one wants to use multiple IDs (and keep each ID isolated from all
>> other IDs), is it necessary that each ID has it's own key-pair?

> What you're missing is that you want to keep things apart, but put
> them together. If you want nobody able to relate your boith IDs use
> different keys.
>
> You can have several keypairs.
==================================

yeah... i figured out that part... the question is whether or not that's
the proper (or only) way to keep separate identities isolated from each
other, or if there's another way.

according to [my understanding of] the documentation, it says that you can
have multiple identities sharing a key-pair (which is correct), and it
seems to imply that that those identities are isolated from each other
(which seems to be incorrect).

i guess i'm trying to clarify whether the problem is in the
implementation, the documentation, or just my understanding of it... it
seems like the handbook is advocating something that's not quite right,
and i'm trying to figure out which way(s) are right. i'm also trying to
verify that the documentation is either incorrect or misleading.

        ...atom

http://smasher.suspicious.org/fs1r  Yamaha FS1R

	"I don't know anything about music.
	 In my line you don't have to."