WARNING: unsafe permissions on homedir

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 23:20:05 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 07 Oct 2003 9:38 pm, Frank Calfo wrote:
> Running GPG on Linux, I get this warning:  WARNING: unsafe permissions on
> homedir
>
> what should the permissions on the directory that contains the keystore be
> ?

chmod 700
drwx------
Files inside .gnupg should be chmod 600

Also check the ownership of the directory, it should be owned by the same user
that will be running gpg at the command line.
man chown

These don't usually need to be changed - it's how GnuPG sets itself up. You've
been fiddling, haven't you!

--

Neil Williams