Automation of decryption

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Wed Oct 8 16:27:53 CEST 2003

On 06-Oct-2003, Jenkins, Brian P. wrote:
> Please help me understand how I can run GPG to decrypt a file without
> human intervention.  Currently I can use the --yes to handle all
> questions but cannot feed in the passphrase.

Two points:

    - Don't use a passphrase unless you want a human to type it in.

    - Don't remove the passphrase without understanding that this
      reduces the security of the file to the security of the system
      where the file is stored.

--
 \        "My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. |
  `\            Unless there are three other people."  -- Orson Welles |