Clearsign of HTML-pages

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Fri Oct 10 12:17:50 CEST 2003

From: RJ Marquette [mailto:rj at rjmarq.org]
> Makes sense I guess.  But if someone's going
> to hack your site, why would they just add
> an ususual news item?

Lots of reasons. Not all hackers just want to be noticed, the might have
other nefarious motives.

I recall one stock scam that involved a hacker placing a "important
message from the CEO" talking about massive accounting problems at the
company on a company's website. Of course, the hacker took a massive
financial position, shorting the stock right before he posted the fake
document. Sure enough, the stock dipped, and the guy made a mint.

They caught the guy and convicted him, as I recall.

	-Ryan-