[OT-Seriously!]: Anarchist Politician

Atom 'Smasher' atom-gpg at suspicious.org
Fri Oct 10 12:47:14 CEST 2003

> Yeah, I know this is seriously OT, but I couldn't let it go...
>

> G'day Atom,
>
> * Atom 'Smasher' <atom-gpg at suspicious.org> [031010 06:10]:
> > who ever said anything is wrong with being an anarchist politician? of
>

> From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
>
> Anarchist: One who advocates anarchy of aims at the overthrow of civil
>            government.
> Anarchy: Absence of government; the state of society where there is no
>          law or supreme power; a state of lawlessness; political
> 	 confusion.
> Politician: One devoted to politics.
> Politics: The science of government; that part of ethics which has to
>           do with the regulation and government of a nation or state,
> 	  the preservation of its safety, peace, and prosperity, the
> 	  defence of its existence and rights against foreign control
> 	  or conquest, the augmentation of its strength and resources,
> 	  and the protection of its citizens in their rights, with the
> 	  preservation and improvement of their morals.
>

> Aren't they mutually exclusive?
>
>        Anarchist   &&   Politician
>    (! Government ) && ( Government )
>
> It's a bit of a logical conundrum.
>

> Or are you using some other definitions of anarchist and politician?
==================================
well, i do prefer the Wiktionary definitions to Webster's
	http://wiktionary.org/wiki/anarchy
	http://wiktionary.org/wiki/anarchism

but otherwise, yes, i agree that this is a bit of a logical conundrum,
which is exactly why a politician who is also involved in anarchist issues
would probably not what that to be well known.

        ...atom

PGP key - http://smasher.suspicious.org/pgp.txt
3EBE 2810 30AE 601D 54B2 4A90 9C28 0BBF 3D7D 41E3

        "There ought to be limits to freedom."
		-- George "dubya" Bush, 21 May 1999

	"I'm sure your kids, they're wondering, why would you
	 hate America? We  didn't  do anything to anybody.
	 Well, they hate America because we love freedom."
		-- George "dubya" Bush, 2 Sep 2002