Interesting issue with 1.2.2/1.2.3 and decrpyting files > 4g

Packard, Matthew matthew.packard at umassmed.edu
Fri Oct 10 17:44:29 CEST 2003

Everyone,

    I was hoping someone may have run across this issue - I compiled
1.2.2 and 1.2.3 again on my box in an effort to fix the following issue,
but without success. I have a large file (~8g) and am trying to decrpyt
it with a symmetric key. However, when the file decrpytion gets to about
4g, I get the following errors:

        with 1.2.2:

                block_filter cdf38: read error (size=12085, a->size=12085)
                gpg: packet(6) with unknown version 5

        with 1.2.3

                block_filter cdf18: read error (size=12085t,a->size=12085)
                gpg: [don't know]: old style partial length for invalid
packet type
                gpg: packet(7) with unknown version 1
                gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=0f)
                gpg: block_filter: pending bytes!

    OK, so I've searched the archives, and have found no immediately
useful answers (hope I didn't overlook something), and I would really
like to get this data back. The data was written with 1.2.2 and burned
to DVD - I've tried to copy to disk and decrypt, and to decrypt right
from the DVD. Did I miss something with LFs in the compilation, or is
there something else?

    Thanks in advance for your advice, suggestions, and time.
    Matthew Packard