How to decrypt multiple blocks in one text file

Hanno Mueller hanno.mueller at epublica.de
Fri Oct 17 13:27:00 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm collecting personal data from a web form. Since I don't want to
store it in cleartext, I use gpg to encrypt each dataset the moment I
receive it and put the encrypted text in a database.

As an example, let's store the three datasets "1,bla,test1"
"2,blubb,test2" and "3,blob,test3" as encrypted text in the database.

So now I have several blocks of encrypted data. However, the result file
after decryption should be a single text file like this:

	1,bla,test1
	2,blubb,test2
	3,blob,test3

Since all datasets are to be collected in such a single file, anyway, I
thought it might be possible to decrypt a single text file with many
encrypted blocks like this:

> -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (MingW32)
>
> hQIOA7J1VQU8h/vREAgAuLya8yeNNh74fWqVTAA97I3LAVqK6LC7/UuZ0O0V5dyy
> ...snip...
> -----END PGP MESSAGE-----
> -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (MingW32)
>
> hQIOA7J1VQU8h/vREAf9FOR6hEcHv+ouzR1w1xI8RIgs0gPGzJIot/JRXUk2tZwb
> ...snip...
> -----END PGP MESSAGE-----
> -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (MingW32)
>
> hQIOA7J1VQU8h/vREAf9FJZWHwuP6RRBo9SAghFQx/TjbYAWrgSo6ZZxu2EcE+hB
> ...snip...
> -----END PGP MESSAGE-----

If I feed this file to gpg, it will ask for the passphrase, decrypt the
first block and then complain "WARNING: encrypted message has been
manipulated!"

Is there some way gpg will decrypt this to a single file on its own? I
want to avoid using sed/perl/whatever to split the text blocks first.

Thanks & Greetings,

Hanno

--
Hanno Müller, Dipl.-Inform.

epublica
Internet-Technologie://Konzeption/Produktion/Wartung
http://www.epublica.de
Tel. +49 (0)40/4109879-4