Using GPGME

David Anderson david.anderson at calixo.net
Sun Oct 26 08:24:03 CET 2003

Hi all

First of all, apologies if this is not the right group to ask about
GPGME. It seemed to be the best...

I am currently working on a projet which requires both authentication
through signature verification and encryption of a session key.

I believe, through exploration of the texinfo manual, that I have
managed to initialise libgpgme, create a working context. I also
understand how to shuffle data through signature/verification and
encryption/decryption. My only remaining obstable is how to retrieve the
  keys!

Right now, our program is given the KeyID to use, and it must first look
for it in the local keyring (with private section if required by the
specific task), then search on a keyserver for the public part if all
else fails. How would I implement this using gpgme functions? I can see
that I must set the key location mode to either local or external, but
the workings of the browsing/selection of a key elude me...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me
David Anderson