Is this software compatible with Mainframe OS/390?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Oct 28 11:33:30 CET 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 00:00:36 -0800 (PST), J Prakash said:

> I would like to know whether this software is compatible with the Mainframe (OS/390)?

I don't think that it can be easily ported to plain MVS, frankly I
removed all initial support for it due to the advance of GNU/Linux
running on these machines.

It should be possible to build it in the POSIX substem - the problem
is that you need a source of random there - maybe a 4753 can be used
for it.

> If not what is the alternative process I can use?

There used to be a PGP 2 port for MVS (iirc, by Harald Denker) but
this is pretty much outdated and not OpenPGP compatible.

Using an extra PC box for running GnuPG might be another choice for
you.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>