(1) BAD signature and (2) auto SHA1

René Clerc rene@clerc.nl
Fri Sep 12 02:12:02 2003

--7lMq7vMTJT4tNk0a

* DIG <dig.list@telkel.net> [11-09-2003 01:18]:

> > In Mutt, the easiest way might be to pipe the message to gpg and witness
> > the output.  Type this:
> >=20
> > |gpg --verify
> >=20
> > It'll tell you if the signature is good.  In newer versions of Mutt, you
> > can do "escape P", and it will check the message for in-line PGP like t=
he
> > above and treat it accordingly.
> >=20
> > Neither of those is automatic, though.
>=20
> Thanks for the tip, Kyle.=20
>=20
> Now I use a semiautomatic solution. I just added next two lines:
>=20
>     macro index \Cv "|gpg --verify\n" 'verify in-line PGP signature'
>     macro pager \Cv "|gpg --verify\n" 'verify in-line PGP signature'
>=20
> ... to my muttrc file. And to verify somebody's in-line signature, I
> just press [Ctrl-V].=20

For what it's worth, Derek Martin has written a patch for mutt that
makes mutt automatically verifiy inline signed messages..

--=20
Ren=E9 Clerc                      - (rene@clerc.nl)

171. I will not locate a base in a volcano, cave, or any other location
     where it would be ridiculously easy to bypass security by rapelling
     down from above.

-"Peter Anspach's list of things to do as an Evil Overlord"

--7lMq7vMTJT4tNk0a

--7lMq7vMTJT4tNk0a--