Lost my key

Robert Schiele robert.schiele@t-online.de
Sun Sep 21 00:25:01 2003

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 11:18:58PM +0200, FaAx04@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> my hard disk got damaged and now I can't access my gpg data.
> Is there a way to create a revocation certificate without the data?
> I'd like to "remove" my key from the keyservers and submit a new one.
> Is there any way?

No.

Think about it: If this were possible, everybody could revoke your key at a=
ny
time.

If you want to prevent such situations in the future, you might create a
revocation certificate for your new key and store it in a secure place so t=
hat
you can revoke your key later even when the secure key is lost by just send=
ing
the stored certificate to the servers.

Robert

--=20