Should gpg always generate a revocation cert?

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Sun Sep 21 12:42:01 2003

--Boundary-02=_ZDYb/aYK+Dj/dBK

Yo!

Since there is a 'Lost my key' thread every few weeks: perhaps gpg should b=
y=20
default
 * generate a revocation cert when it generates a new key (put it in a=20
<keyid>.rev file or so)
 * print lengthy explanations about 'the key can not, under no circumstance=
s,=20
be deleted from the keyservers. Really. We mean it. You can ask in the=20
mailing lists, we will tell you this again.'

Of course these features could be disabled by use of the=20
=2D-i-am-no-newbie-thank-you-very-much flag.

(Yes, this is really a feature that should be offered by the user friendly =
GUI=20
keymangaer app that users should use - but I guess the majority of new user=
s=20
today starts out by using gpg from the commandline.)

cheers
=2D- vbi

=2D-=20
No good deed goes unpunished.