Lost my key

Neil Williams linux@codehelp.co.uk
Sun Sep 21 15:15:01 2003

--Boundary-02=_fVYb/8dyFprZvaq

On Sunday 21 Sep 2003 8:01 am, FaAx04@gmx.de wrote:
> > Think about it: If this were possible, everybody could revoke your key
> > at any
> > time.
>
> I still have my passphrase, that's why I hoped to be able to revoke it.

Unless you also have a backup of your secret key somewhere, the passphrase=
=20
isn't enough. It's the secret key that allows you to generate the revocatio=
n=20
certificate and the passphrase that allows access to the secret key.

If you do have a backup, import your public key from a keyserver, generate =
the=20
revocation, import it back onto your public key and send the now revoked=20
public key back to a keyserver.

Command details at:
http://www.dclug.org.uk/linux_adm/gnupg.html

=2D-=20