gnupg associated Windows VPN client?

Aaron P. Martinez ml@proficuous.com
Sat Sep 27 22:35:02 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 11:28, john lawler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not sure if this is the appropriate forum in which to post this
> question, but anyway:
>
> Does anyone know of a GnuPG-based VPN client for Windows?  I suppose
> even if it isn't GnuPG based I'd be interested in it.  I'm trying to
> setup a commercial VPN connection to a VPN router w/o purchasing a VPN
> client such as SSH Sentinel, etc.  Does such a project exist?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Lawler

Not sure what you mean by GnuPG based, but the two vpn products that i
use are FreeSWAN and openvpn.  To connect from a windows manchine, you'd
need to use FreeSWAN.  It has an X509 plugin that will allow WinXP and
Win2K clients to connect using the built in vpn software.  There is also
another product, PoPTOP, i think is the name, that claims to support
windows pptpd the way it is.

Aaron P. Martinez
Proficuous.
www.proficuous.com