questions

Ingo Klöcker ingo.kloecker@epost.de
Sun Sep 28 14:31:01 CEST 2003

--Boundary-02=_Fasd/WPWuzDYLt/

On Saturday 27 September 2003 17:37, johanb wrote:
> On Saturday 27 September 2003 16:51, Ingo Kl=F6cker wrote:
> > On Saturday 27 September 2003 16:17, johanb wrote:
> > > I have some questions: I want to do encrypted communication
> > > between three places : one with linux and opengpg (under kmail) ,
> > > one with microsoft outlook and pgp or gnuplugin and one with pgp
> > > version 8, how can I make kmail get working to read the encrypted
> > > mails coming from pretty good privacy version 8.
> >
> > Without information about the format of the encrypted messages we
> > can't answer this question. But I guess that the format is "inline
> > encryption". KMail shouldn't have any problems with such messages.
>
> It is not inline, but /usr/local/lib/cryptplug/gpgme-openpgp.so. My
> question is more on the level, that opegpg corresponds with pgp (all
> versions) and if I have to implement somthing special ?

AFAIK Outlook can't handle messages in PGP/MIME format (as those=20
generated with the OpenPGP crypto plugin in KMail). If you want to=20
communicate with Outlook users then your only option is the usage of=20
the built-in OpenPGP support which uses inline encryption and=20
clearsigning.

=46or compatibility with some older PGP versions you have to re-configure=20
GnuPG. There are several compatibility switches.

Regards,
Ingo

--Boundary-02=_Fasd/WPWuzDYLt/

--Boundary-02=_Fasd/WPWuzDYLt/--