keyserver, which to use?

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Thu Apr 1 09:29:01 CEST 2004

Please do not send HTML email to the list. Thanks.

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 14.28, Stephan Reichenbach wrote:

> we have been using pksd 0.96 for some time and I try to get a second
> keyserver running, that will synchronize with pksd 0.96 in an intranet.

pksd has numerous bugs. I advise against using it. SKS is a good keyserver
under active development, and it can synchronize with pksd.

If you decide to use pksd, be sure to download the newest version from the
sourceforge project.

pgp-keyserver-folk at flame.org is a list that you may be interested in.

> the main thing is, that they keyserver must be able to receive keys
> send bei "winpt" (author timo schulz).

WinPT itself does not send and receive keys - it just remote-controls
gnupg. In any case, both pksd and sks are written to operate with gnupg,
so there should be no problem.

> it should be installed under suse linux 8 or 9

SKS is written in ocaml, I don't know how much ocaml support there is in
SuSE. But you should be able to download and install ocaml without
problems (Or you may switch to Debian, which is better anyway :-) and
supports ocaml out of the box).

pksd should have no problem.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Con el tiempo y la paciencia se adquiere la ciencia.