GPG - Invalid packet

Harper, Jason (GE Consumer Finance) jason.harper at ge.com
Fri Apr 2 16:56:41 CEST 2004

David,

Here is the list-packets on the file that made up the first sample:

gpg --list-packets CE_Con_1040326.dat
gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
:marker packet:
 50 47 50
:pubkey enc packet: version 3, algo 16, keyid xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        data: [3072 bits]
        data: [3071 bits]
:pubkey enc packet: version 3, algo 16, keyid xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        data: [1019 bits]
        data: [1023 bits]
:encrypted data packet:
        length: 1549
gpg: encrypted with 3072-bit ELG-E key, ID xxxxxxxxx, created 2001-08-23
      "Company <person at company.com>"
gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit ELG-E key, ID xxxxxxxx, created 2004-03-25
      "Company2 (Company2 decription key) <company2 at company2.com>"
:compressed packet: algo=1
:onepass_sig packet: keyid xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        version 3, sigclass 00, digest 2, pubkey 17, last=1
:literal data packet:
        mode b, created 0, name="datadump20040109.dat",
        raw data: 0 bytes
gpg: WARNING: message was not integrity protected

The input files, prior to encyrption, are textual dumps of data.  The CE
file here, when we get it is 27kb.