GPG - Invalid packet

Harper, Jason (GE Consumer Finance) jason.harper at ge.com
Fri Apr 2 17:46:31 CEST 2004

We get the file via a program called "Connect Direct" from Sterling Software, which I 'believe' to be a binary transfer program (will have to check).  Also the file itself does not have the neat "----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE----".  When I look at it in VIM it is total gibberish, but there is a noticeable "pgp" within the first 6 characters (e.g. "¨ PGPÁÂN Ä»ƒ£eÔlã )