Implementation questions

Steve Butler sbutler at fchn.com
Wed Apr 7 17:17:39 CEST 2004

Having worked as a system admin for a large newspaper company, if a critical
employee is walked out the door (or leaves) all passwords known to them (or
even presumed to be known by them) are immediately changed.  Therefore, any
database of passwords they may have copied at home (even if encrypted) are
immediately invalid.

The new list is distributed as needed.  If the super user password changes,
a copy is placed in the VP's office safe.